Fall Bass Derby
Bass Fishing Derby, October 6th 2013
Entry Fee: $30.00 per boat, 2 people per team. There is an optional Big Bass competition with a $5.00 additional fee. Winning participants will receive 70% of entry fees and the remaining 30% will go towards restocking the lake. Trophies and money will be awarded as follows: 1st Place, 50%, 2nd Place, 30%, 3rd Place 20%. 100% of Big Bass entry fees will be awarded for largest bass. Trophy presentation will be held at Horizontals Saloon in Wonder Lake.
Check In: The only official check point will be on the east side of the lake at Wonder Center Beach. Check in is at 6 AM. Derby begins at 6:30 AM. and ends promptly at 1:30 PM. Check Out: Competitors must return to check point by 1:30 PM. promptly, (no excuses). Failure to do so will result in 100% loss of weight. All fishing must cease upon check in. After proper recognition at the check point, competitors will be allowed ample time to proceed to the weigh in site.
Participation in this event is open to adults individuals or minors who are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. One teammate must be a resident of Wonder Lake. Only artificial baits and lures may be used.
Derby standings shall be determined by the pound and ounce weight of each catch during the day of the event. Only Large & Small mouth bass 12 inches or larger will be weighed. There is a legal limit of 6 bass per team. Fish determined to be short by the derby committee will result in the loss of that fish and big bass of the team catch. Bass must not be put on a stringer at any time during the derby. Only live fish will be weighed.
Competitors are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship courtesy, safety, and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Maximum courtesy must be practiced at all times, especially with regard to boating and angling in the vicinity of other competitors on the water.
Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times by derby competitions. Every boat must have required Coast Guard Safety equipment. In addition, it must have a functional live-well. Each boat will be subject to an inspection by a derby official prior to derby start.
Contact Tony Musel (815) 653-3109 for more information.