Ice Fishing Derby
Annual Ice Fishing Derby, for Wonder Lake Residents and Guests, January 26th, 2014 from 6 AM- 2 PM, Back-up Date February 9th, 2014. Pre-derby registration at Smitty's Bait and Tackle. Contact Marty James (815: 790-0832) for more information.
(All proceeds go for lake conservation), Entry Fee: $10.00, Kids 12 & under: Free
Day of Derby Registration
On the Ice-West Side (Wonder Woods Beach #4) Sunrise Bait & Grocery, 5313 E. Wonder Lake Rd. (Bait available) Bait will also be available on the ice from Smittys Bait & Tackle, Store will open 4 AM on derby day!
• The Grand Prize will be awarded by a drawing of the names of all first place winners.
• PRIZES & ALL RAFFLES WILL BE AWARDED IMMEDIATELY AFTER DERBY ON THE ICE
• If derby is canceled all Raffle tickets will be drawn by club officials & winners will be notified.
Rules • This is a catch and release derby!!! Please bring a 'live-well bucket!'
• ALL STATE LAWS WILL BE ABIDED BY.
• All game fish caught should be taken to the officials' booth on the ice, measured and released.
• Judging will be on the length of the fish. All measuring will be done on the ice by a club official.
• If a tie occurs, it will be decided by the flip of a coin by one of the officials.
• Derby ends at 2 PM sharp, per official's time clock.